Friday, May 8, 2009

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY Nathaniel!!!!!!!

I am sitting here now looking at my little boy fast asleep and in disbelief that he is now 2 years old! Exactly 2 years ago today at 8pm GMT our little bambino was born into the world.

Happy Birthday Nathaniel, mommy and daddy love you (and Jun and Ben, too) more than words can describe.

Tomorrow is part 1 of his birthday celebration. In the early morning we will wake to sing Nate Happy Birthday and let him open a couple presents to get the day going. Then he'll have a party at school with cupcakes (I just taste tested- yellow cake with chocolate forsting and sprinkles- yum). We plan to go out to dinner and over to Target to let him pick out a present. On Sunday, we will have a little celebration here with just the 3 of us-- yup, more cake and presents!

Last weekend we celebrated with Nanny and Bud and over Memorial day weekend we'll have another little party for him with Grampy and Auntie Momo (ok, I think he may be a bit spoiled- but he is turning 2!!). :-)

I have some pics to get posted this weekend. In all honesty the past few weeks have been crazy. 3 weeks ago my grandmother died at the very respectable age of 94. She had a wonderful life but needless to say losing a family member is always difficult. On a brighter note, Auntie Momo gave birth to Lily Mae and Nate and I took a drive up to visit last weekend. I do have pics and she is adorable. It never ceases to amaze me how tiny little newborns are! Finally, earlier this week Juney's back legs became paralyzed. It was very sudden and appeared pretty serious. We took him to the vet for xrays and bloodwork on Monday and they recommended we take him to the hospital for further testing. We took him later that day and he had a cat scan and meilogram. The neurologist had narrowed down the diagnosis to a couple different situations. The results showed he has a slipped disc in his back lumbar area which is causing the paralysis. Typically surgery would be recommended but his case was mild and he came home Wednesday on doctor's orders for rest and a heavy course of steroids. Thankfully, his prognosis is fairly good.

Needless to say, we are hoping for a relaxing birthday weekend....did I mention with presents and cake?!

2 comments:

Steph said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It sounds like you have a very fun weekend planned! And, it sounds like a much needed celebratory weekend after the last 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Nate!!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend celebrating!!