We are so excited to share our news: we are adopting a baby! We officially signed with our agency in California this week. We are seeking a domestic adoption and we will be bringing home a little sister or brother for Nate sometime in the next 6-18 months.
While we had such a great experience in our adoption with Nate, Guatemala is now closed to adoptions and so we have made a decision to adopt a newborn baby from here in any of the 50 states. Unlike international adoption, in the US, the birthmother picks you. So, we are in the process of finishing up our profile (pictures and letter to birthmother) and have our homstudy completed. By the end of March, we will begin to be shown to birthmothers. We are so very excited to complete our family through adoption! One thing is certain: Nate will be a great big bro!!
I will be starting a blog for our new son or daughter very soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear more about your next journey! Congrats!
Congratulations!! Wonderful news!
WOW!! Congratulations! I am really happy for you. I can't wait to follow along as you add to your family.
Em! This is sooo exciting!
OMG! Emily that is awesome!!! Congrats! We will pray it goes smoothly and quickly or you all!
YIPEE!!!
congratulations! that is wonderful news. please keep us updated!
Congrats!!!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey to a family of 4:0) Glad Nate's surgery went well too.
Congrats Emily! This is so exciting! I heard the rumor before I saw the blog post! Just sent you an email...
Yippie! I am so happy for you guys!!!! Hope it is twins. :)
Keep us posted on the new addition.
margaret
Post a Comment