Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

"Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad." -- Anne Geddes

Happy Father's Day!




Today was just another day for us with the one exception that we gave daddy a little more love and attention than we typically do (shhh...I think he may have liked it!!). A nature walk and a quiet dinner at home followed by good ole' TV. Relaxing! Nate and daddy got some good quality time together, which is what really matters most.

We are gearing up for a very busy month of July. We're spending time on the lake in NH, heading to amusement parks, camping, and visiting local fairs. Hopefully I will find the time to blog all about it. :-)

Nate is getting so big I can hardly stand it. We are truly living in the land of toddlerhood. Some days it's great and other days I think I feel like an octo-mom (lol!). In all seriousness though I am loving this stage. I love watching him crinkle his eyebrows when he is frustrated or doesn't know how to express himself. I love that he loves to take his flinstones vitamins each day. I love how he says "potty mommy" and then sits on the potty, only to say "all done" and then walk away and pee all over the floor. I love how he runs to me at the the end of the school day. I love how he says "more, more". I love to look for turtles with you. I love how you pucker up for a big kiss. I especially love how you rock out to disney tunes with me and then all of a sudden in the grocery store start rocking out to the 80's love songs. I love how you are apprehensive about strangers at first. I love how you didn't love the slip n slide mom bought you. I love how I could go on and on...

Little man is growing up before my eyes and there is really not much you can't love. He is now in the 'big kid' classroom and is running around each day with 3 year olds. We're starting slowly with potty training and he is getting the idea. Over the next month or so we'll start to get more serious. Nate has a mini obsession with barney who he calls 'barda' so I am hoping I can get him to some type of show or something similar. He is starting to also really like Dora and Diego and anything animal. As you can see below, Nate LOVES animals! I am very thankful for that.


No comments: