Saturday, July 25, 2009

First Visit to Storyland!


The dutch shoe ride...

Nanny and Nathaniel waiting to ride the swan boats

Riding the mini-merry-go-round!

Nate and Lily holding hands during a dippy change

Looking down at Nanny and Auntie MoMo from the big slide

The train ride...


Nate and Nanny heading up to Cinderella's castle


Riding the teacups (sometimes I like to close my eyes when I smile!!)

Look Mom- I'm Alice in Wonderland!

Playing in the balls!


What an amazing time we had at our very first visit to Storyland, in Glen, NH. We visited over fourth of July week along with Nanny, Auntie Molly, and Lily. Storyland is a perfect park for kids ages 2-12 and it was a place our parents took us over 25 years ago.

Nate is definitely a ride kid. He loved the tea-cups which is basically my maximum allowable for spinning rides. I feel a little sick after I ride them, but he just smiled and asked for more when we were done. He especially loved jumping in the balls as well as the pirate ship ride to look for gold.

It was a really fun day and the weather was perfect. It was funny to see our little boy riding on all these rides when just over a year ago he learned to walk.

In other news, we are working on potty training- slowly but surely. It will take a while longer but we're in no rush to master this stage. When it happens, it happens. Heading off for a camping trip soon and our annual visit to Saratoga to see the thoroughbreds race. Last weekend we visited a waterpark in the Poconos- it was only 75 degrees in the mountains so Nate was a bit cautious about the water. I don't blame him because I thought the water was freezing. When we returned from our trip last Sunday, Nate came down with a very high fever. Long story short, he stayed home from school all week with a very bad virus. He is finally feeling better and ready to go back to school on Tuesday. I'm hoping we can visit the pool more often once he starts feeling better. Hoping for a great August!